Yesterday’s casualties: 97 | SyAF Mig-21 downed by Ahrar ash-Sham in northern Hama countryside | Infighting between JAN and FSA in Ma’arat al-Nu’man | 11 casualties during SDF-opposition fighting in Ayn Daqnah
An SyAF Mig-21 was reportedly shot down by two Ahrar ash-Sham thermal rockets in the vicinity of Kafarnabodah today. The aircraft was seen plunging with a smoke trail as the fighter pilot ejected. The pilot later died of his wounds. Ahrar ash-Sham released footage of the parachuting pilot.
- Infighting between JAN and Division 13 as both sides claim the other instigated the hostilities. JAN surrounded the main HQ of Division 13 in Ma’arat al-Nu’man and took over it, confiscating weapons and supplies. 4 Division 13 casualties reported. These attacks may have been due to increasing tensions between JAN and FSA factions as was reported yesterday.
- Government loyal forces inside al-Fu’ah and Kafarya clash with the islamist opposition forces currently besieging them. Islamist opposition shelling of the villages caused the death of one individual and injured some more.
Deir ez-Zor Governorate:
An IS fighter and his sister were killed by a landmine in al-Jnenah laid there previously by IS. The two were on their way to visit family in the village.
Fighting continues in these areas:
- Ayn Daqnah: SDF vs opposition forces. Reports of 6 opposition and 5 SDF casualties. Additional casualties reported on both sides.
- Sheikh Maqsoud – Ashrafiyye Neighborhoods: Kurdish forces vs opposition and JAN forces.
- Yani Yaban: IS vs opposition forces. Reports of opposition advances being made. Reports of casualties on both sides. Turkish artillery fire targeted IS positions during the fighting.
- Tishrin Dam: SDF vs IS. During the IS attack initiated yesterday, 5 VBIED attacks were reported alongside 12 IS and 5 SDF casualties.
Kabanah – Jabal al-Akrad – Jabal Turkman – Latakia Governorate: SAA and allies under Russian supervision vs the 1st and 2nd Coastal Divisions, Ahrar ash-Sham, Ansar ash-Sham, JAN, and Turkestan Islamic Party forces. Reports of casualties on both sides including an islamist opposition commander as the SAA and allies manage to advance near Kabanah.
Kafarnabodah – Hama Governorate: SAA vs opposition forces. Reports of opposition advances being made as they take control over the vicinity of the grain silos southeast of the village. An opposition guided rocket hit an SAA vehicle near al-Mughayr and a TOW hit an SAA tank in al-Hamameyat.
Palmyra – Homs Governorate: SAA vs IS.
- Harasta Qantara – Bala – Marj as-Sultan Vicinity: SAA vs opposition and JAN forces.
- Mneen: SAA vs opposition forces.
Lajat – Daraa Governorate: IS vs opposition forces.
Yesterday’s casualties according to www.syriahr.com: