Yesterday’s casualties: 77 | Today marks 5 years since the beginning of the Syrian Civil War | 12 bodies dumped in IS mass grave near Mayadin | Protests in Ma’arat al-Nu’man intensify
Deir ez-Zor Governorate:
- SAA and opposition forces clash in al-Wafddien Camp, northeast of Damascus. Reports of casualties on both sides.
- JAN, Ahrar ash-Sham, and other islamist opposition factions announce the formation of a new islamist opposition coalition targeted on capturing Damascus: Jaysh al-Fustat. Later during the day, Ahrar ash-Sham denied joining this coalition.
During protests marking 5 years since the start of the Syrian civil war in Ma’arat al-Nu’man, flags of Division 13, an opposition faction recently infighting with JAN, were seen amongst other FSA flags as the protesters removed JAN flags from their surroundings and demanded JAN remove their presence from Ma’arat al-Nu’man. JAN members fired in the air to disperse these protests.
Fighting continues in these areas:
Marea – Northern Aleppo Governorate: IS vs opposition forces.
Markadah – Hasakah Governorate: SDF vs IS. 4 SDF casualties were reported due to the fighting yesterday.
Jubb al-Ahmar – Kabanah – Jabal al-Akrad – Jabal Turkman – Latakia Governorate: SAA and allies under Russian supervision vs the 1st and 2nd Coastal Divisions, Ahrar ash-Sham, Ansar ash-Sham, JAN, and Turkestan Islamic Party forces.
- al-Quaryatayn: SAA vs IS. Reports of casualties on both sides as SAA advance.
- Palmyra: SAA vs IS. Reports of SAA advances being made.
- Talbisah – Ter Maela: SAA vs opposition forces.
Marj as-Sultan Vicinity – Damascus Governorate: SAA vs islamist opposition and JAN forces.
Yesterday’s casualties according to www.syriahr.com: