Yesterday’s casualties: 91 | 44 killed by RuAF airstrikes on Raqqah | 18 IS fighters killed in Palmyra battlefield | 4 killed by opposition shelling of Sheikh Maqsoud
(Header image: Syrian Republic Guard customized armored vehicles in Jobar neighborhood, Damascus. Image courtesy of @LuftwaffeAS)
RuAF airstrikes on Raqqah caused the death of 44 individuals including 5 members of the IS islamic police. An additional 60 individuals were wounded. The airstrikes today followed similar attacks yesterday, now revealed as RuAF attacks.
Clashes break out between SAA and opposition forces in northern Quneitra Governorate. Reports of casualties on both sides.
Fighting continues in these areas:
- Northern Aleppo Governorate: IS vs opposition forces. 2 IS VBIED attacks were carried out in the area, causing some opposition casualties. Reports of opposition advances being made.
- Sheikh Maqsoud – Ashrafiyye Neighborhoods: Kurdish forces vs opposition forces.
- al-Tamurah – Nubl – al-Zahraa: SAA vs opposition forces.
- Palmyra: SAA vs IS. Reports of 18 IS casualties in addition to more casualties on both sides. IS and SAA both advance reinforcements to the area.
- al-Quaryatayn: SAA vs IS. Reports of one SAA first-lieutenant killed in the battlefield.
Deir ez-Zor Governorate:
- South of Deir ez-Zor: SAA vs IS. Reports of casualties on both sides.
- al-Baghiliyah: SAA vs IS. Reports of casualties on both sides.
Yesterday’s casualties according to www.syriahr.com: